One of our top requests is for chakra meditation techniques.
Chakras are energy centers in your body. Many Eastern traditions use the concept of chakras, and chakra balancing. Here’s a quick peek at what Wikipedia has to say about Chakras. (chakra diagram used with permission for WikiMediaCommons).
Chakra is a concept referring to wheel-like vortices which, according to traditional Indian medicine, are believed to exist in the surface of the etheric double of man. The Chakras are said to be “force centers” or whorls of energy permeating, from a point on the physical body, the layers of the subtle bodies in an ever-increasing fan-shaped formation. Rotating vortices of subtle matter, they are considered the focal points for the reception and transmission of energies. Different systems posit a varying number of chakras; the most well known system in the West is that of seven chakras.
Ok… enough theory…. Chakra theory can get very dense.
What I want to do with this article is just give you a taste of a simple beginner chakra meditation. I like this particular version because it is simple, easy, and you will feel your chakras!
Chakra Meditation Techniques
Steps to follow for meditating chakras:
1. Get comfortable in your seat.
2. Start and concentrate with the regular deep breathing exercises – in and out.
3. Take your attention to your root chakra (perineum).Envisage on red color and concentrate on root chakra for couple of minutes. This will create a connection between you and the earth.
4. Move to your sacral chakra (between your navel and your genitals). Envisage on orange color and remain at the chakra for a while. This will create a bathed situation in creative juices.
5. Next is the solar plexus chakra, which is between the navel and chest. Picturize and imagine on yellow color and remain for few minutes. This will create a unique power deep in you.
6. Fourth chakra, focus on heart chakra (center part of the chest). Visualize and focus on green color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes. This chakra will make you feel the power of love.
7. Go to the next level of throat chakra, (throat). Visualize and focus on blue color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes. This will create and let you sense a unique vibration in the body.
8. Go to your third eye chakra (at the center of your forehead).Visualize and focus on indigo color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes.See your vision expanding.
9. Final is the crown chakra, which is at the top of your head. Envisage on purple-red (violet) color and remain at the chakra for a while. This chakra will connect you with the spirit.
10. Let the energy flow out from your crown and down over your body. While the energy flows in a body, you will have an aura.
11.Then, focus on the energy flowing from root chakra to crown chakra.
There are many chakra meditation techniques. This simple beginner chakra meditation is just one variation, but it’s a very good start.
Do you want guided chakra meditation techniques?
If you do, please leave a comment below.
I have several recorded versions that I could upload and give to you for free, so let me know a little about what your interests are, and I’ll get one of them ready for download on this site.