Do you suffer from headaches? A guided meditation to relieve tension headaches is suggested to be effective by the Mayo Clinic, WebMd.com, and Harvard University according to the latest research into pain control, stress, tension, and the positive effects of meditation.
There are many different meditation techniques that provide fast and effective relief for chronic tension headaches. There are benefits to most techniques, but mindfulness meditation has been the most studied.
Here’s a brief look at meditation to relieve tension and stress from WebMd.com.
- The goal of mindful meditation is to focus your attention on the things that are happening right now in the present moment. The idea is to note what you experience without trying to change it.
- Meditation can help you relax, because you are not worrying about what happened before or what may occur in the future.
- You don’t need any special tools or equipment to practice this meditation. You just sit in a comfortable position in a chair or on the floor. Or you can lie down, if that is more comfortable for you.
- If your mind wanders, don’t worry or judge yourself. When you become aware that your thoughts are wandering, simply focus again on the present moment. One way to do this is by paying attention to your body. For example, is your breathing fast or slow, deep or shallow?
- Meditation may bring up certain feelings or emotions. If this happens, don’t try to rid your mind of these feelings. Just focus on what you feel at the present moment. Don’t get lost in the thoughts that those feelings might trigger.
read the original article here
The Mayo Clinic calls meditation “a fast simple way to reduce stress”. A guided meditation to relieve tension headaches works because you learn to manage the stress that triggers your tension headaches. Here’s what the Mayo Clinic says:
If stress has you anxious, tense and worried, consider trying meditation. Spending even a few minutes in meditation can restore your calm and inner peace.Anyone can practice meditation. It’s simple and inexpensive, and it doesn’t require any special equipment. And you can practice meditation wherever you are — whether you’re out for a walk, riding the bus, waiting at the doctor’s office or even in the middle of a difficult business meeting.
Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. Meditation originally was meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction.
Meditation is considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine. Meditation produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind. During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process results in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.
Benefits of meditation
Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that benefits both your emotional well-being and your overall health. And these benefits don’t end when your meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day and can even improve certain medical conditions.
read the entire Mayo Clinic article here
Guided Meditation To Relieve Tension Headaches
If you have ever used a guided meditation for the relief of your stress or tension headaches, we would love to hear from you. We are currently evaluating several different commercial programs, to see which one has the best proven results.
Would you like a free download of a guided meditation to relieve tension headaches? If you do, please leave your name in the comment area below and we will email you when it’s ready.
Pingback: Guided Meditation To Relieve Tension Headaches | meditationtechniquesvideos