Meditation has been used for many centuries already because of the countless meditation techniques health benefits it offers to the troubled and sickly mankind.
Yes, meditation has gained its approval because of its effectiveness as an alternative medicine in addressing physical, emotional, and behavioral problems across ages.
According to this article, thousands of studies in the last four decades revealed the powerful effects of meditation in the physical, psychological, spiritual facets of man. The author presented the summary of findings below:
Meditation Techniques Health Benefits
Some of the physical effects include:
- Stabilizing blood pressure
- Lowering heart rate and respiratory rate
- Reducing stress hormones
- Slowing the aging process
- Improving mental functioning
- Improving brain wave coherence
- Improving the strength of the immune system
Some of the psychological effects include:
- Decreasing stress, anxiety, and depression
- Decreasing the fear of death
- Increasing joy of living
- Increasing positive emotions attitude toward life
- Increasing self-confidence
- Increasing spiritual awareness
Wisdom traditions around the world have long known used meditation for spiritual transformation. The spiritual effects of meditation include growing compassion, decreased sense of ego, closeness to the divine, emergence of the unitive consciousness, and for some, self realization and enlightenment.
Nevertheless, despite these notable meditation techniques health benefits, many people still find the practice of deep relaxation extremely strange and unreliable. The stigma is everywhere, but a true believer of its contributions in enhancing health does not easily get swayed with uneducated claims.
If you find this article helpful, please share it with your friends by clicking the LIKE button below.