Interested in learning mindfulness meditation techniques — These five simple steps to mindfulness meditation will give you a fast and solid start.
Christie Matta, MA, wrote this wonderful little article on the five easy steps to start practicing mindfulness meditation techniques.
Mindfulness Meditation Techniques
- Start with your breathing. Do an experiment for a few minutes on paying attention to your breathing. Watch your mind. Does it wander away and come back over the course of those few minutes? Set aside 5-10 minutes a day to pay attention to your breathing. You can do this sitting or lying down or in any comfortable position.
- Practice every day. You can continue to focus on your breathing or read books or listen to CD’s on the topic to get ideas for your mindfulness practice. I will include a few resources at the bottom of this post.
- Bring awareness to routine activities, such as waking up, shopping, washing dishes or answering email. Pick one routine a week and try to be fully engaged in it when you do it every time.
- Bring your awareness to your body. You can bring your attention to your body through yoga exercises or through a body scan, in which you slowly scan your attention through all the regions of your body, noticing any tensions, pain or other sensations.
- Now that you’ve started a practice, make a decision about when, where and how long you want to practice on a regular basis. Consider taking courses, reading or watching video’s about mindfulness to increase your knowledge and help you find ways to incorporate it into your life in a way that is helpful to you. original story here
Is this article enough to get you started on mindfulness meditation techniques — or would you like more instruction and guidance — Please tell me in the comment area, and I will make a free guided meditation.
If you liked this article… please take a moment …. click the like button below … and share it with your friends on Facebook
Pingback: Mindfulness Meditation Techniques: Five Simple Steps To Mindfulness Meditation | meditationtechniquesvideos